Featured Content Download
Dr Magdalena Kurkowska evaluates the uptower repair concepts, tools, and technologies developed to drastically reduce costs and downtime during maintenance and repair of wind turbines.
Download the article to find out which companies have made the biggest strides.
E.ON's Technical Fleet Manager, Niels Emsholm, discusses lifting solutions, and uptower repair and maintenance strategies
E.ON's Niels Emsholm presents on:
- Challenges to life-cycle cost in mature markets
- Life-time and energy yield optimization
- Failure models and business case
- New findings on component level
- Challenges to life-cycle cost when market matures and changes due to more competitive markets
The wind industry is constantly challenged by the claims the technology is yet unproven, prone to failures and therefore unreliable. With over half of wind turbine malfunctions linked to electrical components, it is time for operators to focus on the roots of these problems.
Are there any ways to reduce the number of electrical systems breakdowns and associated repair costs? What are the most vulnerable components and how to protect them?
Download the article to find out more